Most businesses want to increase business but fail to follow up with their clients. When you buy something at the store that you love, or have a really great meal out do you tell people? Of course you do! Well that is called the referral process.
The best thing that your current clients can do for you is to tell their friends and family about the wonderful experience that they had while meeting with you or waiting to see you for their appointment.
To create a great customer experience here are 5 very easy solutions to increase your referral base:
- Create a welcoming lobby or waiting area – freshen up the area with a nice coat of soothing paint. No harsh colors as you are trying to set a tone. Add some pictures or plants and instead of regular TV – show people the other services and product that you offer via a HDTV digital education system. Let them know how else you can help them. Give them the solution. Let them know all you do by showing useful information about you, your staff, and how they can use your services.
- Have a receptionist welcome them to the office and acknowledge them without ear buds in their ears, or carrying on a loud conversation with a co-worker that may be a little inappropriate. And of course do not allow the sharing of other client information to be discussed in an area that others may hear. Have an area in another part of the office for private discussions.
- Do not speak down to the people that you are meeting. Remember they are there to learn about you, your products and services. They are coming to you because you are the expert in the field. Remember that you did not learn everything in one session, so do not expect someone else to understand in one session. Take the time to answer any questions. If it takes multiple times to explain what has to be done, so be it. Educate your clients so they understand but also will refer you to their friends and family.
- Treat people with respect. All people want is to be treated honestly, compassionately and fairly. If you are not able to help them – say that. There is nothing wrong if you cannot offer the solution for them. When you do that, try to have a network of other professionals that you can refer them to. This way you are still part of the solution for them. That honesty goes a long way. If you say you are going to do something do it. Communication is a two way street. Reach out to them if you have more information they may need or want.
- Follow up with a phone call or email the next day or so to the clients to see if they have any additional questions or concerns. Even a thank you goes a long way. Give a recap to them about their visit with you to make sure they understand what your role vs their role will be and what the next steps are. This way there is not confusion and everyone is on the same page.
If you follow these easy steps I am sure that your customer satisfaction will increase. If you have any questions or concerns with any of these steps or wish to place an HDTV digital education system, email me Ellen@Haloheals or call 609-304-0794 to get started for as little as $ 125.00 a month.